Systems Analyst/ Technical Product Owner (Midshift)
March 27, 2021
Our work touches the lives of millions of people. We are dedicated to helping our clients deliver an excellent experience to the members of their pension schemes. This is an exciting opportunity to join Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) Manila, as a Systems Analyst within the Business Solutions function reporting to the Systems Analyst Lead in TAS Technology.
You will be joining a large team of Systems Analysts with diverse skills and experience. The job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility, who can independently deliver results on both a generic product level as well as client specific projects.
- Liaise with business analysts and/or other stake holders as appropriate to ensure that requirements are well defined and understood to formulate a high level solution
- Produce logical design models where appropriate in conjunction with Other Systems Analysts and Functional Architects
- Work closely with developers to produce a high level solution and document it such that it is possible to walk through with the end users/stake holders and the development team.
- Work with other System Analysts to produce convincing and presenting proposals by way of high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders
- Perform business process modelling to appropriate levels of detail
- Produce and present detailed technical specification to the build teams
- Work closely with testers to help define and drive the acceptance testing
- Work closely with the development team/scrum team during the build phase of new initiatives
- Understand and embody the Product vision and business needs for a successful, low-defect, on-time product release.
- Manage risks and issues and escalate as necessary
- Understand the Product vision and business needs for a successful, low-defect, on-time product release
- Actively participate in scrum events
- Actively serve as a champion of quality for their scrum team
- Assist in the design phase of proposed new initiatives in a timely fashion.
- Constant pursuit of improving team velocity and efficiency, allowing effective release planning and diagnostics for the team.
- Help team members self-organize and apply cross-functional competencies to create high-value products
- Pursue continual growth related to the business domain within the respective line of business.
- Advocate improving quality during all stages of software development
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree would be beneficial and extensive and of experience in a technology discipline, such as IT or Engineering is required.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in development and support of software applications; preferably financial services applications.
- Preferably has relevant experience as a Systems Analyst on projects within an insurance, claims processing or pensions industry.
- Able to produce high level solution approach considering application requirements and the business need.
- Has analytical skills with good data analysis experience
- Has Business/client engagement skills
- Has good working knowledge of Relational Databases (to include having SQL Skills)
- Has strong technical skills in producing solution documentation to include high level solution approach and database design.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations, and able to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities. Prepared to put in the extra effort when needed to meet challenging targets. You will need to demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude, overcoming problems as they arise and maintaining high levels of performance when dealing with difficult and challenging work.
- Ability to recognise the importance of adhering to quality standards and work procedures to maintain the integrity of the systems under test.
- Team player; able to build stakeholder and team relationships, works with minimal supervision
- Ability to create an environment that encourages professional development
- Ability to build strong working relationships, with the Technology team and business/client managers
- Ability to influence, network and collaborate with stakeholders
Equal Opportunity Employer